Whether the sun is shining or it's raining, between Bridal Cave & Thunder Mountain Park, Miner Mike's indoor Family Fun Center, and Big Surf Waterpark, you will have something exciting to experience.
OutdoorBig Surf Waterpark near Camdenton is filled with amazing water rides to cool you off on a hot day. They are open daily from May 28 - August 14 from 10 am - 6 pm. Beginning August 20 - Labor Day they are open on Saturdays and Sundays only, plus Labor Day Monday.
There is a wide variety of fun thing to do at Big Surf Waterpark. Their rides and attractions include:
- Zambezi Falls: An exhilarating 4-story drop down the Lake's largest half pipe.
- Challenger Flumes: Race and rush down dueling 300-foot water slides.
- Lazy River: 600 feet has never felt like such a long, relaxing trip!
- Wave Pool: The lake area's other giant body of water! A 375,000-gallon pool that generates waves up to 3-feet tall.
- The Rapids: Whirl and twirl your way down the white water rapids slide.
- Space Bowl: The first of its kind in the U.S., the Space Bowl drops you from a sweet, swift slide into a 30-foot wide bowl.
- Splash Island: A zero-entry pool suited for younger children with water levels ranging from just 6-18 inches.
- Activity Pool: A 4-foot deep pool with free swimming allowed that features a crazy lily pad bridge, a basketball goal, and two swift tube slides.
- Dry Ground Activities: Sand volleyball, shuffleboard, pool, and basketball happen in the Surf Club area.
10'x10' cabanas area available to rent on a first come, first served basis, which include a table, four chairs, a free locker rental, and one single tube rental. The Surfside Food & Grill has lunch, snacks, ice cream, and cold drinks.
You may buy your tickets online or at the park entrance. They also offer a "Second Wave" special. Bring in the full-priced receipt from your day at Big Surf to your next visit during the same season, and that day will be 50% off. You can also find fun daily deals on their Facebook page. You can learn more on the Big Surf Waterpark website.
Miner Mike's Indoor Family Fun Center offers 35,000 square feet of indoor activities for the entire family. Miner Mike and his mule Buster welcome one and all to come in and play. Just down the street from the Outlet Mall in Osage Beach, you will find rides, a giant maze, games, and food.
- The Rides: These include the Runaway Mine Train roller coaster and the Chuck Wagon Ferris Wheel.
- The Maze: Climb through the twists and turns of the giant indoor maze for kids 12 and under. Accompanying adults may join in the fun too.
- The Games: There are over 150 token operated games to play. The Miner Mike's side is filled with games for the younger kids, while Buster's next door is geared toward older children and adults.
- The Food: The Longbranch Saloon offers appetizers, burgers, pizza, and drinks.
They are currently open from 11 am - 10 pm, but hours change seasonally, so check the Miner Mike's website for up-to-date times. There are different activity packages available, and you can even purchase a season pass if you plan to come back often.
Indoor, Outdoor, AND Underground!
No matter what the weather, there is always something for you to explore at Bridal Cave and Thunder Mountain Park. Tours leave throughout the day, and guides will tell you stories about the colorful history of this historic scenic attraction at the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Bridal Cave: It's always a comfortable 60 degrees inside the cave, perfect for cooling off on a hot day or warming up on a cold one. Tours begin at 9 am, and the last tour takes off at 6 pm. (Hours change seasonally, and we are open all-year round.)
- Covered Picnic Pavilion: Enjoy a picnic here with a gorgeous Lake of the Ozarks view. It is covered, so perfect for keeping you out of both the rain and hot sun.
- Thunder Mountain Conservation Area: This spot inside Thunder Mountain Park is operated by the Missouri Department of Conservation and includes nature trails, archery lanes, picnic facilities, and a 100-foot tall fire tower with an observation platform.
- Gift Shop: Filled with beautiful rocks, minerals, and gemstones from around the world, plus other unique souvenir items. You can even purchase a sack full of sand to take out to our sluice and pan for treasures. There is also a snack center full of treats.
The next time you are planning to bring the family to the lake area, or if you live here year-round and are in search of something fun for everyone to do, give these three incredible attractions a try. No matter what the weather, Bridal Cave and these other fun places will make sure your family is thoroughly entertained.
One of America's most scenic
Visit us at www.BridalCave.com
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
526 Bridal Cave Road
Camdenton, MO 65020