Saturday, October 15, 2016
11 am - 6 pm
Kids 5-12: $5
Kids 5 & under: Free
Family Pass: $20
- Pumkin Chunkin - The main event of the day is the hourly "chunkin" of the "pumkins." They'll be loaded into the trebuchet (a catapult) and flung through the air.
- Family Events - There are lots of activities for the entire family to take part in. These will include: face painting, a petting zoo, kids activities, a climbing wall, carnival rides, and more.
- Fun Run & Costume Contest - There will be a 2.5-K Kid's Fun Run/Walk that goes from Ozark Amphitheater to Bridal Cave. The 5-K will follow the same route, then continue back to the amphitheater. The cost to participate is $25 for adults and $15 for kids 12 and under, and this fee will also gain you entry into the Pumkin Chunkin Palooza. Prizes will be awarded for the best child costume, best adult costume, and best group costumes.
- Largest Pumpkin Contest - Drop off your biggest pumpkin by 11:30 am on event day. Judging begins at 12:30 pm, and prizes will be awarded at 1 pm. The grand prize winner will win $1 per pound.
- Pumpkin Decorating Contests - Bring your best decorated pumpkin to the event by 11:30 am and be entered in a chance to win a ribbon, $25 in festival tickets, and your pumpkin's photo featured on the event's Facebook page and website. Winners will be announced in the following categories:
- Elementary School
- Secondary School
- Corporate or Business
- Live Music - The award winning blues band, the Norman Jackson Band will perform, as well as Kansas City's top 80's party band, The M80s.
- Food & Drinks - Food vendors will be on site. There will also be Missouri wine tastings, and the event will feature a different craft beer keg every hour between 1-4 pm. People will then vote for the best beer of the event.
photo from the Pumkin Chunkin Palooza Facebook page
The Power of Four
The Pumkin Chunkin Palooza will benefit local lake-area organizations, including Kids Harbor, Westside Aquatic Center, Lake Area Food Pantries, and Lake Regional Hospital. This event is being brought to you by the "Power of 4" - the Laurie-Sunrise Beach Rotary, the Camdenton Rotary, the Lake Ozark Daybreak Rotary, and the Lake Ozark Rotary Club. They not only created this event to establish a family friendly fall festival, but also to showcase how the clubs can work together to better serve lake area charities, clubs, and non-profit organizations. For additional information about this exciting event, visit www.PumkinChunkinPalooza.com.
|photo from Funlake.com|
Fall Fun at the Lake of the Ozarks
Autumn is an excellent time of year to experience the beauty that the lake area has to offer. After you enjoy a day full of fun at the Pumkin Chunkin Palooza, a trip to Bridal Cave & Thunder Mountain Park is only a short drive (or 2.5-K walk) away. Our last tour takes off at 5 pm on Saturday, and we are open 7 days a week from 9 am - 5 pm until October 15. After that we will switch to our seasonal hours of 9 am - 4 pm. Make a point to get out and experience fall at the Lake of the Ozarks this year.
One of America's most scenic
Visit us at www.BridalCave.com
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
526 Bridal Cave Road
Camdenton, MO 65020